Thursday 7 November 2013

Impatient excitement...

I'm excited!
I've been amidst fabric designs, swatches, samples and what not for the last month or so, and I'm now awaiting the return of some fabric printed with my own designs!
However this waiting part is definitely my least favourite bit...a) because I have nothing to share but  mainly b) I am VERY impatient!
I've discovered that fabric swatches are as appealing to me as paint sample strips..they have the same "like-a- moth-to-a-candle" effect....I now understand why people (like Orla Kiely)  have jam jars full of tiny different colour fabric samples - nothing to do with colour reference, just looks fab!

Ooooh rainbow.........!

Aaaaaah pretty.......!

As with most things, there's more to it than simply seeing some fabric samples with my designs on (which is extremely exciting in itself)....but it's the direction I'm headed. Since Summer brought the sunshine and a much needed expansion of mind and heart, there have been so many "a-ha" moments towards this little business of mine. And rather than swimming around in the dark, grabbing hold of whatever opportunity presents itself, I've worked out the path and which way to go. How long has that taken me?! :)

Hello Mr  Mc Squirrelton! Having a wee sneaky peak are you?!

So yet again there are changes afoot...which I must remind myself is pretty normal in life and creativity! AND I really look forward to showing you the new creations my art and heart are taking shape as.

Back to the impatient excitement...squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!