Tuesday 24 June 2014

Bear unfinished....


I've been spending my evenings on a little sewing project inspired by some incredible artists that use embroidery as their medium. They deserve a post all to themselves (and completely show up my efforts!) but go check out  Hiroko Kubota  , Stephanie K Clarke , Tara Badcock , Kimika Hara .....you will be amaze-balled (yes that is the proper term!)

Its a 10 inch embroidery hoop to give you some idea of scale and this shows the bear 8 hours in...at this point I'm wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew.
I got some lovely cheers of support over on facebook and with it a second wind to carry on 


12 hours in....can you even tell the difference?

This is where I am at now...around 16 hours later...... and I'm actually liking him less with the more stitches that fill him in. Hmph.....

I'm leaving him for a while until the next step becomes clear......maybe he'll end up amongst the many other projects  that were started but never finished .... however that's ok...nothing is ever lost. I walk away from this with the firm understanding that I work way better when the outcome is achieved under 8 hours! And I have developed an even greater respect and awe at the embroidered works of art I have the fortune of stumbling upon. x

10 comments:

  1. i love it all....bear with him, I bet he grows on ya!!!! (and in the meantime, when you learn less is more, that is worth celebrating!! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Very wise words indeed...thanks so much for the lovely support x

      Delete
  2. Jenny - respect to you - that is one thing that I just cannot do, it's makes me crazy just looking at all those slow, tiny stitches!! Bear with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. Though I return the respect straight back to you...you can knit socks ;)x

      Delete
  3. such a wonderful bear
    perhaps when you are completed with it you will love all the stitching
    yes, so much time.... hopefully relaxing enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tammie Lee..... It IS very relaxing, I just lack patience :)x

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenny, don't worry, it looks amazing but I know exactly how it feels to look at something and not be sure whether it's good enough, daily struggle for me just now. If you don't want to work on it your gut feeling is right, set it aside, do something else and come back to it. Reminds me of doing my colours in the squirrel's tail, love how good fur looks with embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I'm enjoying the break from the bear...but can feel him calling back :)x

      Delete